- Standard | 3 business days (72+ hours) | $0.50/page
- Rush | 2 business days (48+ hours) | $0.70/page
- Next Day | 1 business day (24+ hours) | $0.90/page
- D.E.A.R. | “Drop Everything and Read” (same day or overnight) | $1.00/page
- Saturdays and major holidays are not included in turnaround times.
- Turnaround time is calculated from the time stamp of my e-mail acknowledging receipt of your file.
- Jobs that arrive after 6 p.m. Pacific time (9 p.m. Eastern) will be logged in as received at 8 a.m. Pacific the following morning, and turnaround time will be calculated accordingly (except by prior arrangement).
- Extra lines (26+ lines/page) | $0.05/page added to above rates
- Technical or Dense | $0.10/page added to above rates (description below)
- Unpolished Transcript | $0.10/page added to above rates (description below)
- Rough Draft | $0.50/page added to above rates (description below)
Technical or Dense Material
Add $0.10 per page to account for the extra time involved in proofing transcripts with extensive technical language (medical, legal, or expert witness) or that are exceptionally dense (for example, arbitrations with margin-to-margin words and very little white space per page).
I will notify you within the first few pages if this upcharge would apply.
Please make sure your transcript is a final draft, ready for turn-in. In a well-scoped transcript, I’ll usually see one or two errors per page on about 30 to 50 percent of the pages. If there are noticeably more than this, a $0.10/page fee will apply to account for the extra time involved.
Don’t worry! I’ll communicate with you early in the proofreading process (usually the first 20 pages) to let you know if this fee would apply. Sometimes when this happens, it’s because a pre-scoped version of the file was sent to me by mistake.
Rough Draft Transcripts
Occasionally it’s just not possible to do as thorough a job of scoping as you normally would, so it’s helpful to have your proofer “scoof” or do heavier editing. Typically this involves four or five minor errors per page on about 90 percent of the pages (punctuation, capitalization; not raw steno needing to be translated).
Because this service is much more time-intensive, I may not always be able to accept rough draft jobs. But if I am available to do so, the upcharge will be $0.50 per page added to the standard pricing.
Meeting your deadlines is very important to me. To prevent miscommunications, please send a quick e-mail to confirm that I’m available and able to accommodate your deadline before you send a new job. That way, we’ll both be on the same page.
Be sure to tell me what day and time (in your time zone) you need the proofs returned. If no deadline is specified, I’ll assume that you want the standard 72-hour turnaround.
Jobs e-mailed after 6 p.m. Pacific time (9 p.m. Eastern) are considered to be received at 8 a.m. the following morning (except by prior arrangement).
Please note: Saturdays and major holidays are not counted as workdays. When determining the turnaround time for your job, please pretend that Saturday isn’t even on your calendar.
Example: Let’s say you e-mail a transcript to me on Friday at 8 a.m. and request it back by Monday at 8 a.m. Since Saturday does not exist, that’s effectively a 48-hour turnaround (I’ll be working on it Friday and Sunday), and the job will be billed at the Rush (48-hour) rate.
First-time clients will be billed upon completion, and payment is due within 7 days. The initial invoice needs to be paid before I can begin work on your next job.
For returning clients, invoices are sent out on the 1st and 15th of every month. Payment is due within 14 days.
You’ll receive my invoices via QuickBooks. You are welcome to pay with a credit card through QuickBooks or transfer funds via PayPal.
A 10 percent late fee, calculated from the invoice total, will be applied at the next billing cycle (15 days after the date of the initial invoice) and will compound every 30 days thereafter.